Mix Mornings with your Host Jason every weekday from 6am-10am
I am originally from Auburn Hills, MI. I have an amazing Fiance Ashley and an Awesome son Ayden. I have been in radio for about 15yrs now. I got my start at the very bottom as an intern doing all the fun things like getting coffee for everyone, shining their shoes, giving piggy back rides down 10 flights of stairs cause the talent didn't feel like walking that day and some other great things. Ok Ok! It wasn't that bad but I did start as an intern at 93.1 WDRQ in Detroit and did just about everything I could get my hands on from promotions, overnight DJ, night show co-host, morning show side kick, broadcast engineer and much more. I then moved on to 102.5 WIOG in Saginaw, MI to start on a Night show then moved up to having my own show again on the Afternoon Drive. I have a Huge passion not only for radio but for Music. I love to be on top of all that Brand New music that is out there each and every day. I also DJ (yes spin music) for weddings, school dances ect.....The best part of radio is when I can get out of the studio and meet everyone that I broadcast to everyday.
Favorite T.V./Movies: There are so many! Mythbusters, White colar, Leverage, Gangland (only so I know what sign to throw up in my area so I don't get shot, lol), Greatest American Hero. Movies I absolutely love The Boondock Saints (only the first one cause the second sucked), Snatch, Avatar, Transformers and pretty much anything with Will Ferrell in it.
Sports/Activities: I love to play everything. Basketball (1998 Oakland County slam dunk Champ) is my favorite, Football, Pool (no not swimming) and Drinking.
Tell us one Crazy Story from your Radio Career: Well let me think of a family friendly one quick, lol. When I was an intern in Detroit the night show host there told me and another intern to take some fireworks across the border to canada, light them off so they could see them from the station and come back. We did this with no problem but when we got back he failed to mention that was a Huge crime of smuggling weapons (yes they are considered weapons) across a border. So needless to say if we got caught I don't think I would be in radio today.
Where do you see yourself in 10yrs? Well hopfully I will still be kicking Butt here at the New Mix 107.3.
Last but not least Favorite food to make Quick: Hot dogs but I would rather grill them or anything for that fact.
RIDDLE OF THE DAY
(Check back every morning to see a new riddle, Then listen to win)
A blue man lives in a blue house. A green man lives in a green house. Who lives in the white house?
ANSWER: The President
HERE IS YOUR TOP 5 LIST FOR THE DAY
Top 5 Ways I'm Now the Dad I Hated before becoming a Dad
1. When asked about my 3-year-old daughter in the course of phony small talk, I reflexively search my phone to display the most recent photo that the phony small-talker didn't ask to see.
2. Loudly and publicly cheering my child's every hideous drawing, nonsensical "show," and everything that spurts out of her into a toilet.
3. Telling my daughter to shush only once or twice on a plane. If that doesn't work, then sorry, but I tried.
4. Letting her climb the stairs by herself in a public place, transforming a stream of polite but hurried people into a hostile Costco checkout line.
5. Giving her the iPad when I need to work upstairs, telling her to stay on the couch, and yelling down every 20 minutes to make sure she is still alive.